Library Thing is definitely a highlight for me from the whole Library 2.0 course. Last spring the faculty at my school started a book club. We have read three books so far, with our fourth group meeting in a couple of days. We found that we needed help choosing books to read next. We used a Newsweek magazine article about 100 books not to miss, and it has been helpful. We found several book club websites, but I wish I would have known about Library Thing!
I entered nine books in my library, three of which our book group has read, and six are coming up in the months ahead. I plan to share the site with my faculty. Perhaps those readers who were a little unsure about joining will enjoy reading the information available on Libary Thing.
Here is the link to my library: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/bacorcoran
I was able to find discussions for all nine of the books I entered. The lowest number of comments was 41 for the book The Best of Friends: Two Women, Two Continents, and One Enduring Friendship. The highest number in my library was 15,359 comments for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
This website is very user friendly. I particularly enjoy the connection to others who also have these titles in their library. You can get many new ideas for your next great read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment