Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 9 Thing 21 - Podcasts

To explore podcasts, I first went to I-Tunes. I have been using this site for a while, and have a library of songs that I carry on my I-Pod. It was interesting to explore the Podcasts there. However, I was more interested in the National Book Festival that took place in Washington, D.C. yesterday. I was unable to attend, but found a list of 20 podcasts from different authors. Here is the link:

http://www.loc.gov/podcasts/bookfest08/index.html

I listened to an interview with Jan Brett. She created the poster for this year's National Book Festival. The poster features the capitol, as well as animals carrying books. These characters represent the state animals of the U.S. Jan Brett also encouraged parents to give children time and space to create. Many children are very busy with activities, but need quiet time to find their own creative talents.
I think podcasts are a useful tool for lesson planning. It gives the students a chance to have a virtual field trip.

No comments: