For Thing 23, I viewed the very clever video "A Fair(y) Use Tale". This was a unique way to convey the meaning of copyright law, how long copyright lasts, public domain, and what constitutes fair use. I visited the Creative Commons site and was impressed that it is a nonprofit organization, and that everything they do is free. I logged on to Lawrence Lessig's blog, and learned that he is moving on from ten years speaking to audiences about free culture and copyright to focusing on corruption in Washington. I watched his recent You Tube video on Governor Sarah Palin's experience. He used a lot of research to back up his position. I found it interesting that the portraits he used of the vice-presidents came from Wikipedia.
As far as the School Library Learning 2.0 course, the top of each of the "Thing" pages has the statement: "An online learning program for CSLA members and friends". The home page for PA Online Web 2.0 gives the following statement: "Learning 2.0 is a discovery learning program created by Helene Blowers. Content and style for School Library Learning 2.0 and Classroom Learning 2.0 have been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License." Along the way during the course you could see places where content was change to address Pennsylvania curriculum (eg. Week 7 Wikis - adding an entry to PA Curriculum Connection.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment